Manage episode 248501178 series 52378
This is our 13th annual review episode. I share a few highlights from episodes 153-163 and include a few extra reflections on the recent 4-part series about the neuroscience of Consciousness.
This month's episode transcript is included for FREE.
Partial list of Books/Authors featured in 2019:
- Understanding the Brain: From Cells to Behavior to Cognition by John E. Dowling (BS 153)
- Better with Age: The Psychology of Successful Aging by Alan D. Castel (BS 154)
- Brain Inspired (podcast) with Paul Middlebrooks (BS 155)
- The New Mind Readers: What Neuroimaging Can and Cannot Reveal about Our Thoughts by Russell A. Poldrack (BS 156)
- Remembering: What 50 Years of Research with Famous Amnesia Patient H.M. Can Teach Us about Memory and How It Works by Donald G. MacKay (BS 157)
- Conscience: The Origins of Moral Intuition by Patricia Churchland (BS 158)
- Innate: How the Wiring of Our Brains Shapes Who We Are by Kevin J. Mitchell (BS 159)
- Consciousness and the Brain: Deciphering How the Brain Codes Our Thoughts by Stanislas Dehaene (BS 160)
- See show notes for BS 160 for additional sources.
- The Deep History of Ourselves: The Four-Billion-Year Story of How We Got Conscious Brains by Joseph LeDoux (BS 161)
- Rethinking Consciousness: A Scientific Theory of Subjective Experience by Michael S A Graziano (BS 162)
- The Feeling of Life Itself: Why Consciousness Is Widespread but Can't Be Computed by Christof Koch (BS 163)
Please Visit Our Sponsors:
- Brain Science will be coming out twice a month starting in January 2020!
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post voice feedback at http://speakpipe.com/docartemis.
- To win an Amazon gift certificate: post a review of Brain Science in iTunes and send me a screenshot.
- Learn about Premium Content at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/donations
- Learn about Dr. Campbell's new coaching efforts at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/coaching
- Sign up for the free Brain Science Newsletter to get show notes automatically every month.
- Check out the free Brain Science Mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows.
Connect on Social Media:
Contact Dr. Campbell:
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: http://speakpipe.com/docartemis