Agenda Item 24.1 - Seeing The Faces and Races in Your Spaces (Diversity: PART 1) | #TheGovernorsPodcast
Manage episode 321635576 series 2879697
For today's Single Item Agenda (episode), we discuss;
- Kickstarting A Diversity Mini Series and The Importance of Recognising, Honouring and Representing Difference (Protected Characteristics) - Let’s Have More Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Link Governors As Mandatory Roles with a Role Description
- Understanding That Your Lived Experiences Heavily Contribute To What You Can Speak On
- The Passive Use Of The Term “Minority” - What's The True Context of a School / Academy?
- Shocking Statistics About Diversity Levels Amongst the 300,000+ UK School Governors
- What Schools Must - Should - Could Do: Do A Diversity Audit Which Includes your Reality - your Actions - your Culture - your Education
We appreciate you listening to this episode. Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast.
Reference: The Race Equality Code - Dr Karl George MBE - https://theracecode.org/
CONNECT WITH US
To contact us via email (comments, queries or to share your stories):
To follow us on social media:
Instagram - @thegovernorspodcast
Facebook - @thegovernorspodcast
Twitter - @thegovernorspod
To help us find you:
Use the hashtags #TheGovernorsPodcast and #SingleItemAgenda
--> School Governor, Professional Clerk and Qualified Corporate Governance Practitioner
Olivia D Hinds
--> Chair of a Teaching and Learning Committee, and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Link Governor
The Governor's Podcast launched in February 2021
The Governors' Podcast is a brand of Education Governance Solutions Limited
The current release schedule is Wednesdays @ 7am during term time (approx. 1-2 per month).
The Governors' Podcast defines its 'Seasons' by UK academic years (September to July) and the episodes are called ‘Agenda Items’.
Artwork by Onevma Limited
Produced by Onevma Productions
Theme Music by Hertz Beats, UK Producer