Manage episode 324569783 series 2879697
For today's Single Item Agenda (episode), we discuss;
- The Importance and Necessity of Diversity of Age On Boards and Governing Bodies - Bringing The Boardroom Into The 21st Century, By Having Younger People Around The Table Who Bring The Lived Experience
- Understanding the Difference Between Culture-Add and Culture-Fit
- How To Include The Student Voice In Strategic Spaces To Better Serve Them In Today’s World From The Top Down
- Thinking About The Journey of the Child Through The Education Sector - In Which Year Were You Born? In Which Decades Were You Educated?
- Challenging The Barriers To Entry Given That Being 18+ Is The Only Stipulated Requirement: Age Is More Than A Number… It Is Also Generational Representation, Attitude, Professionalism and Experiences
We appreciate you listening to this episode. Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast.
Interested in diversifying your boards and governing bodies, specifically in terms of age, visit Education Governance Solutions - Transforming Students: https://educationgovernancesolutions.com/transforming-students/
'We need more school governors who look like me' BBC News Article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-60912316
GovernorHub / The Key’s Report: https://schoolgovernors.thekeysupport.com/the-governing-body/recruitment-and-competence/recruit-missing-talent-resources-help-you-tackle-diversity-your-board/?marker=full-search-q-recruit%20missing%20talent-result-1
CONNECT WITH US
To contact us via email (comments, queries or to share your stories):
To follow us on social media:
Instagram - @thegovernorspodcast
Facebook - @thegovernorspodcast
Twitter - @thegovernorspod
To help us find you:
Use the hashtags #TheGovernorsPodcast and #SingleItemAgenda
--> School Governor, Professional Clerk and Qualified Corporate Governance Practitioner
Olivia D Hinds
--> Chair of a Teaching and Learning Committee, and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Link Governor
The Governor's Podcast launched in February 2021
The Governors' Podcast is a brand of Education Governance Solutions Limited
The current release schedule is Wednesdays @ 7am during term time (approx. 1-2 per month).
The Governors' Podcast defines its 'Seasons' by UK academic years (September to July) and the episodes are called ‘Agenda Items’.
Artwork by Onevma Limited
Produced by Onevma Productions
Theme Music by Hertz Beats, UK Producer