Manage episode 377276527 series 3401941
In this insightful episode of "Agents of Nonprofit," host Alexander Lapa engages in a thought-provoking conversation with Katherine Lacefield, an expert in fundraising for non-human causes within the nonprofit sector. Katherine's extensive experience sheds light on the unique challenges faced by organizations advocating for animals and the importance of shifting perspectives to foster greater compassion and interconnectedness in philanthropy.
Topics We Cover
- Legal complexities in Canada, where animal-focused nonprofits struggle to obtain charitable status due to restrictions on political advocacy, impacting their access to grants and tax receipts for donors
- Human-animal connection and its role in motivating individuals to support non-human causes
- The societal perspective that pits animal causes against human causes
- The complexity of public perceptions in philanthropy, and the difference between organizations focusing on cute animals like pandas while overlooking the protection of less visually appealing species.
- Framing issues in a relatable way to influence public attitudes
- Future Trends in Philanthropy
To Learn More & Connect with Katherine: