Manage episode 275535626 series 2653665
EPISODE 18| The Illuminati - Bavarian Brouhaha - Big 'Uns 1
The first major conspiracy theory of the modern age is the tale of the Illuminati. Started in Bavaria by a power-hungry professor with poor social skills, it has become one of the overarching theories of our times. This is one of the Big 'Uns.
- 01:37 - Origin Story - Johann Adam Weishaupt: Lawyer, Professor, Empiricist, Jerk
- 04:21 - The Illuminati Kicks Off, Grows Quickly
- 06:45 - Trouble in Paradise - Dissention in the Ranks, Rumours Abound
- 12:32 - Voulez-vous la paranoïa avec moi? - Augustin Barruel & John Robison Blame the Illuminati for the French Revolution
- 15:33 - It Ain't Over Till It's Over - Rulers Overreact & Cause the Spring of Nations, Nesta Helen Webster & Edith Starr Miller Revive the Rumours Between World Wars, the Birchers Chime In, the Principia Discordia Is Totally Misunderstood and People Confuse Them with the Freemasons
- 18:12 - Some Musicians think Behold a Pale Horse is a Non-Fiction Book, Many Famous People May Are Illuminati, Carpetbaggers & Scammers Take Over the Name
- 22:03 - The Idea of the Illuminati is Certainly Widespread, Maybe Part of the New World Order
Music by Fanette Ronjat
AN EXTRA TREAT for people who actually read these episode notes: open your browser and type in "www." then the word "illuminati" backwards, then ".com". You will be very surprised. Someone at that organization sure has a sense of humour! Thanks to our friend Debra Richardson for telling us about this!
Referenced in this episode:
- Behold a Pale Horse by Milton William Cooper
- Project Blue Beam - Abandon Hope All Ye Who Research Here
- The Illuminati in Hollywood by Mark Dice
- Illuminati Watcher website
- The Illuminati Elite website (with a help line in Uganda!)
Follow us on social for extra goodies:
Other Podcasts by Derek DeWitt
- DIGITAL SIGNAGE DONE RIGHT - Winner of 2020 Communicator Award of Excellence for Podcasts Series-Corporate Communications and on numerous top 10 podcast lists.
- PRAGUE TIMES - A city is more than just a location - it’s a kaleidoscope of history, places, people and trends. This podcast looks at Prague, in the center of Europe, from a number of perspectives, including what it is now, what is has been and where it’s going. It’s Prague THEN, Prague NOW, Prague LATER.