Manage episode 346969196 series 2954729
In this episode we discuss:
- Standing out in a saturated market.
- Selection and filtering of target customers.
- Why it’s important to consider how you look and sound on video.
- Teaching technical material to tech-averse students.
- Creating ways to have students practice the skills you’re teaching.
- Hardware and software to create the most professional videos.
- Real-time video editing tips that reduce post-production time.
“You know that saying, ‘what you see is what you get’; if they don't like what they see, they may feel like they won't like what they get.”
– Johnny Beirne
Beirne helps experts have more freedom by turning their expertise into an online course. He typically works with speakers, trainers, authors and coaches. But he can work with anyone that has expertise that somebody else is willing to pay for. He helps people create, launch and sell online courses.
He has a degree in Quality Management from Sligo IT. Beirne says he always wanted to work for himself even before he graduated. His first attempt at being an entrepreneur was at 28. He started in management consultancy and quality systems and then moved more into IT and web design.
- Guest: Johnny Beirne
- Hosts: Danny Iny & Abe Crystal
- Producer: Cynthia Lamb
- Executive producer: Danny Iny
- Assembled by: Geoff Govertsen
- Audio Post Supervisor: Evan Miles, Christopher Martin
- Audio Post Production: Post Office Sound
- Music soundscape: Chad Michael Snavely
- Making our hosts sound great: Home Brew Audio