Manage episode 275731194 series 1161056
This week's guests are from Seventh Knight, the developer of AppMoat.
Travis Odom – VP, Customer Experience
Charlie Case – VP, Government Services
Discussed on this episode:
What is Ransomware?
- encrypts (scrambles) personal files (documents, pictures, taxes, financial/customer records, etc)
- Requires paying a “ransom” to (maybe) get your files back
- Commonly initiated by malicious links in emails
Why should we be concerned?
- even if not YOUR business, we all pay when people lose
- Imagine losing family photos
- Even backups can be, and often are, compromised
- RECENT EXAMPLES: Including Yazoo County schools being held up for more than a quarter-million dollars!
What can we do about it?
- Awareness and recognizing scams is crucial
- Be suspicious
- Personal users can use tools such as CryptoPrevent
- Businesses can benefit from AppMoat, a 24/7 managed service to protect their systems
- (AppMoat is a Ransomware/Zero-Day Managed Endpoint Protection tool for Windows workstations and servers)
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.