Manage episode 345839962 series 3336954
Nate Costa is a man of admirable qualities, and his ability to maintain a positive outlook on life when faced with serious adversity tops the list. Nate is a cancer survivor, a husband, a father to 3 amazing boys, and the president and founder of FX Studios and FX Well. He has personally trained professional athletes such as Cam Newton, Randall Cobb, and Joe Flacco.
Nate joins Jamie to discuss how he overcame a recent liver-cancer scare, as well an intense threat to his business due to the 2020 pandemic shutdowns. Impressively, Nate has built his companies to now have over 250 employees.
Unable to avoid the effects of Covid-19, Nate said rather than dwell on the details of what could go wrong, he adopted the "what can I do instead" thought process and took necessary actions on this path. He added, "there is something about going through these extreme challenges, seeing who is going to stick with you and who is going to pull others along."
Tune in as Jamie and Nate discuss:
- The story behind the emergence of FX Studios and FX Well.
- Nate’s challenges in starting up a company.
- How to stay focused on your true north.
- How Nate overcame short sleep hours.
- Nate's recent cancer-scare experience.
- COVID-19’s scary impact on Nate's businesses.
- Why he would love to have coffee with George Washington or Martin Luther King.
Connect with Nate
Support Labrador Lending
Connect with Jamie