Forever Marriage with Scott & Dawn Smith
Manage episode 358789676 series 2863952
Scott Sullivan and Ray Sullivan conduct an incredible interview with Scott & Dawn Smith. Scott is the Discipleship Pastor at Lakewood Baptist in Gainesville, GA. Dawn is the Connection Director at Lakewood. Together, Scott and Dawn lead a podcast called, Forevermarriage.org.
In this episode we learn:
- The creative ways that Scott Smith and Sully proposed to their brides!
- Why the Smiths began the Forevermarriage.org podcast.
- Key insights for couples to finish well.
- The critical need for leaders to have people upstream (mentors & walking buddies) and downstream (those you invest in).
- Powerful relationship building principles like, “listening to your spouse to understand them not to change them.”
- To study your spouse and discern whether they are a red solo cup or a crystal goblet.
- Hear an important meaning of “passion” that can change your perspective of your spouse.
- Effective ideas to affair proof your marriage.
- Lessons for young parents including: “you can raise your kids and spoil your grandkids or spoil your kids and raise your grandkids.”
- Incredible personal rhythms to help deepen intimacy and gospel impact like fighting through awkwardness to learn to pray together.
- The most powerful marriage advice that Sully has ever heard.