Manage episode 328018625 series 2286647
There were 11.3 million job openings in the US at the end of January 2022 – a number that has been surging as an unprecedented proportion of employees leave their companies. The Great Resignation is being driven by a range of factors – from greater labor mobility to rapidly shifting employee demands.
This means companies have to be capable of hiring the right employees quickly and at scale through broadening their talent pools, cutting time-to-hire, and onboarding employees who will improve the company’s culture, increase diversity, and drive productivity.
In an era of high turnover and constantly shifting talent pools, can assessment technologies help to predict long-term talent outcomes or is it a resource only designed for the hiring and onboarding stages?
That's a key question today's guest tries to answer. Listen too, as we consider the challenges faced by larger organizations when competing to attract talent faster is a post-pandemic world of work.
Bill is joined by Josh Millet, Founder and CEO of Criteria, a talent decisions platform on a mission to help companies make objective, evidence-based talent decisions that both reduce bias and drive outcomes.
Josh founded Criteria in 2006 with a vision to create a SaaS-based pre-employment testing service that would make the highest quality employee assessment tools accessible to companies of all sizes.
Criteria helps organizations make objective, evidence-based talent decisions that both reduce bias and drive better outcomes for their teams.
- Much of the help you offer is top-of-funnel - can you talk about the assessments and pre-hire tools you offer?
- You also help with talent mobility. What do you do to help with internal movement?
- How can assessments cut down on the number of interview stages and speed up time-to-hire?
- Criteria has a broad range of assessment and related tools. That includes purchases of an EQ assessment company out of Australia and, recently, a video recruitment platform. EQ - assessment - how reliable? Video recruiting - what more can be gained for virtual face-to-face screening?
- Later this year you'll be administering 1 million assessments in a single month and you project 10 million assessments will be conducted by Criteria software in 2022! What kind of data does that offer?
- In a time when it's hard to find top talent, can assessments put off some candidates?
More About Josh
Prior to launching Criteria, Josh co-founded an online test preparation company, Number2.com, which was acquired by Xap Corp of Culver City, CA, in 2002. After the acquisition, Josh served as the President of Xap's test prep division. He has co-authored testing-related articles published in the Journal of Educational Computing and the American Psychological Society Observer. Josh holds a Ph.D. in history from Harvard University, where he was a Fulbright Scholar and a Mellon Fellow.
More About Criteria Corp
Criteria is an assessment company dedicated to helping organizations make better talent decisions using objective, multidimensional data. By combining leading-edge data science with rigorous validation backed by I/O psychologists, we provide the most precise assessments available. Our suite of assessments is the most comprehensive on the market and covers aptitude, personality, emotional intelligence, risk, and skills to provide the most robust picture of talent. Since launching in 2006, our assessments have been administered more than 25 million times.
We do our best to ensure editorial objectivity. The views and ideas shared by our guests and sponsors are entirely indep