Manage episode 333724681 series 2286647
Bill's guest today is Fadzlun Sapandi, EVP Global Human Resource at DHL Express.
Listen as they discuss the story of leaders and employees at DHL during the pandemic and ways the company is striving to engage it's 100,000+ employee base over the coming years.
Based in the Cologne-Bonn region of Germany, Fadzlun has been with DHL for 18+ years and held various leadership roles with the purpose of connecting people, and improving lives to create a better workplace for all.
Throughout her career, Fadzlun has demonstrated the ability to ‘re-invent’ herself, starting in customer service and currently leading the global HR organization for DHL Express.
Being part of an international company, Fadzlun has gained a breadth of international experience across the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
She strives to ensure an outstanding employee experience for more than 110,000 employees globally and a culture where people can thrive.
Questions For Fadzlun Include:
- Let's talk a little about the culture of DHL. How important is purpose to your business?
- How did you achieve a number 1 ranking in the global Great Place To Work league table?
- Talk about the challenges and opportunities the crisis created for the HR and leadership teams at DHL Express.
- How do you think you have you created a positive culture within the business? Talk to me about the process and ongoing tweaks needed to keep things moving in the direct direction at DHL. How do you measure success?
- How do you help your employees develop and unlock their potential? Can you share examples of initiatives you've led in the past couple of years that have achieved higher employee productivity?
- In 60 seconds or less, what would be the best piece of advice you could offer to HR leaders looking for new ways to grow productivity in their workplace?
We do our best to ensure editorial objectivity. The views and ideas shared by our guests and sponsors are entirely independent of The HR Gazette, HRchat Podcast and Iceni Media Inc.
This episode of HRchat is supported by Workzinga. Companies that hire based on alignment will reduce attrition, increase productivity, and boost creativity within their organization. The Workzinga team can show companies and candidates accurate culture alignment based on 26 characteristics! Learn more at workzinga.com