Manage episode 335678399 series 2286647
In this HRchat we focus on data-driven recruiting. Listen as we talk about programmatic job ads, how 'stack creep' is a product of HR analytics and process automation, and why many Talent Acquisition pros still struggle to establish a common data set and fluid data sharing.
Bill's guest today is Doug Shonrock, Business Unit Director at Joveo, a platform helping businesses to buy, manage, and track recruitment media to attract and hire the most relevant applicants on time, and within budget.
Doug has spent the better part of 4 decades in the recruitment marketing, talent acquisition, and employer branding arena. He has dedicated his entire career to understanding how companies recruit for talent, how talent searches for companies, and the reasons it can be so difficult.
For the last 20 years, Doug has focused on the technology side of the talent acquisition process. Working with, and listening, clients and the problems they experience, roaming the aisles of the HRTechnology Conference understanding the ever-growing number of HRIS solutions being offered, and watching how these problems and solutions have evolved – and become even more complex.
Get Doug's take on:
- Which industries and markets have seen the maximum adoption for programmatic job ads?
- How does Programmatic Job Advertising solve the problem of the quality of applicants?
- Candidate sourcing costs: Many sectors have seen big increases in costs associated with attracting employees. e.g. restaurant workers, retail etc. Why is this?
- What is the most dramatic way that data has changed the way recruitment happens?
- Four things HR and TA pros should consider when thinking about their talent acquisition process
- Tools and technology they use to get, and charge, the battery needed for a high-powered TA operation. Can you share those 4 tips?
- What could a possible global recession mean for recruitment rates? If a recession does hit, how will the ecosystem (job sites, technology providers, agencies, etc.) need to adapt to this shift?
- What is the next "horizon" for data-driven recruiting?
Enjoyed the conversation with Doug? Check out HRchat episode 388 - featuring Joveo Founder & CEO, Kshitij Jain.
We do our best to ensure editorial objectivity. The views and ideas shared by our guests and sponsors are entirely independent of The HR Gazette, HRchat Podcast and Iceni Media Inc.