Manage episode 332177087 series 2286647
Today's guest is J.T. O'Donnell, CEO of Work It Daily, an online platform dedicated to helping people solve their biggest career problems. She has more than 15 years of experience in HR, recruiting, and career coaching.
J.T. loves helping people overcome career & job search challenges to find professional happiness on their own terms. Her latest book is called Awakening Your Inner Workplace Renegade: 7 New Rules for Transforming Your Career & Finding Your Professional Purpose.
Questions For J.T. Include:
- What's the best career advice you have been given and why?
- You recently shared a post on Work It Daily called Want To Move Up The Ladder At Work? Focus On The 3 Cs Of Career Growth. The first "C" of career growth is courses/content. The second "C" is coaching. The third "C" of career growth, and the most important, is community. Tell me about the 3 Cs and why they matter.
- Forty-four percent of employees are “job seekers,” according to Willis Towers Watson’s 2022 Global Benefits Attitudes Survey. Why are so many employees looking for new jobs at the moment?
- What if that next role is not a linear progression from previous jobs?
- Making Recruiters Come to You: How can folks create a more compelling personal brand - one that'll lead to more job offers and a more successful career journey?
- Tips to ensure your past social media posts don't come back to bite you in the butt
- Okay, so a candidate gets the job but the salary offer is lower than expected. Can you share some tips to negotiate the amount?
More About J.T. O’Donnell
J.T. is an American social media star, author and career coach who has gained popularity through her @j.t.odonnell named TikTok handle, best known for uploading career advice videos. She is the CEO of Work It Daily, an online platform dedicated to helping people solve their biggest career problems.
We do our best to ensure editorial objectivity. The views and ideas shared by our guests and sponsors are entirely independent of The HR Gazette, HRchat Podcast and Iceni Media Inc.
This episode of HRchat is supported by Workzinga. Companies that hire based on alignment will reduce attrition, increase productivity, and boost creativity within their organization. The Workzinga team can show companies and candidates accurate culture alignment based on 26 characteristics! Learn more at workzinga.com