Manage episode 331141076 series 2286647
In this HRchat episode, we consider findings from a recent survey of HR leaders that suggests HR pros are jumping ship in record numbers.
Bill's guest is Claire Schmidt, CEO and Founder of AllVoices, an employee feedback management platform that helps company leaders ask for, and act on, employee feedback of all kinds through a secure, truly anonymous communication channel. The platform provides real-time insights that help company leadership build and sustain healthy cultures.
Prior to founding AllVoices, Claire served as Vice President of Technology and Innovation at Fox, the Senior Director of Giving at Thrive Market, as well as the Director of Programs at Thorn.
- What has to fundamentally change when it comes to reporting issues in the workplace?
- What are the main stages when it comes to reporting workplace issues and harassment?
- AllVoices recently released a report called HR and the Great Resignation: Who’s Leaving, Hiring Outlook, and Strategies for Retention. The report surveyed HR leaders to better understand who’s leaving their jobs and why, what their organizations are doing to increase engagement and retention, hiring outlooks and strategies, and how HR leaders themselves are shouldering this weight. Let's run through some of the findings:
- Tell us about the data sample. What were the demographics of those surveyed?
- 48% of HR leaders have seen over 30% of their staff quit in the past year and 28% of employees are leaving because they’ve found a better offer. Just how competitive is it at the moment? How difficult is it to keep one's employees?
- $61,000 to $80,000 is how much the majority of HR leaders say it costs to replace an employee. Can you explain the business case for retaining existing talent v. hiring and onboarding new employees?
- 53% of HR leaders are burned out and 48% of HR leaders are looking for a new job! Why is it such a stressful time for HR pros or are we seeing the result of two long years of the HR leaders muddling through the pandemic?
We do our best to ensure editorial objectivity. The views and ideas shared by our guests and sponsors are entirely independent of The HR Gazette, HRchat Podcast, and Iceni Media Inc.
This episode of HRchat is supported by Workzinga. Companies that hire based on alignment will reduce attrition, increase productivity, and boost creativity within their organization. The Workzinga team can show companies and candidates accurate culture alignment based on 26 characteristics! Learn more at workzinga.com