Manage episode 344699159 series 2885910
Former Hasidic Jew, Frieda Vizel leaves the faith and community. With a new perspective, she gives Brooklyn tours of the neighborhood, has a fascinating YouTube channel, and educates the interested on the inside of this richly historic and widely misunderstood community.
- Arranged marriages at 18
- Unique observer of the community
- Leaving the Hasidic Jewish faith and community
- The beauty and richness of the community
- Traditions of Restrictions for women in this community
- How does her family view her leaving?
- History of the religion
- Hasidic Judaism customs that prevented Americanization
- Censoring news within
- Misconceptions of the lifestyle
Frieda Vizel's Links:
ALLISON HARE'S LINKS:
- Patreon for Culture Changers - Support Culture Changers Podcast by becoming a valued patron and getting all episodes ad-free plus bonus content and community!
- AllisonHare.com - Culture Changers Podcast, personal journal and blog, dance
- Instagram - Steps to heal yourself, move society forward, and slinging memes and dancing (seriously, Allison is also a dance fitness instructor)
- Blog - quick, way more personal, deeper topics - make sure to subscribe
- Reb3l Dance Fitness - Try it at home! Free month with code: ahare under Instructor Referral
- Feedback and Contact:: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices