Laugh At Adversity with Gary Savoie: Inspirational Messages to Conquer Anxiety, Depression, Fear, Relationships, Self-Doubt, and Self-Esteem
011 - Taking A Stand Against Parkinson's Disease, Accountability, And Creating Belief with Omotola Thomas
Manage episode 201760637 series 1985027
In 2016, after numerous doctors visits, loads of tests, and an increase of symptoms, Omotola Thomas was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. As a wife, a mother, and a warrior she quickly decided that she wasn't going to let Parkinson's disease stand in her way.
In order to make her mission bigger than herself, she created ParkinStand to inspire others. A ParkinStand is any positive action performed in defiance of the mental and physical limitations imposed on a person by a debilitating illness like Parkinson's disease.
Omotola established ParkinStand to motivate people who are dealing with any type of illness to fight back (with information, proper nutrition, exercise, and, most importantly, an unconquerable mindset). Her goal is to encourage people to redefine the boundaries of the limitations brought on by such illnesses.In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Parkinson's disease has impacted her family life
- Why your mind is the gateway to your destiny
- How Omotola was able to get past her cultural social barriers and share her story
- Why using accountability can motivate you towards your goals
- How she's been changing the trajectory around Parkinson's disease
- Why she encourages people to change their mindsets and how they look at their situations
- About the FRED plan (Faith, Rest, Exercise, and Diet)
- The connection between your gut flora and brain health
- That hope can live in the face of adversity
- Why adversity is an opportunity to find the magic in your madness