Manage episode 300867618 series 2528526
You are blocking your own growth. Not your work, not your boss, not your partner, not your family, not even your culture. No one else but yourself is blocking you from reaching your maximum potential.
Yes, this is the truth. Many of us blame other people, our circumstances, our disadvantages in life, or the lack of influence we have on others to make things work for us, to achieve the things we want to achieve without realizing that all of this unobtained dreams and undeveloped potential are caused by our own lack of focus on our own growth.
In this episode of On Purpose, Jay Shetty talks about the most common ways we fail to develop ourselves because we often lose focus on what we truly care about and what will make us grow.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
For a chance to WIN a free box of Sama Tea all you have to do is go to Samatea.com/onpurpose now.
- 00:00 Intro
- 20:03 We often think that other people are blocking our growth
- 04:24 Blockage #1: Listening to too many people’s opinions
- 08:01 Outline the things that you usually advice for
- 08:51 Blockage #2: Thinking without doing for too long
- 13:34 Blockage #3: Gossip
- 17:38 Blockage #4: You’re not focusing on what you truly care about
- 20:46 Blockage #5: Blaming others
- 21:46 Blockage #6: You try to do everything yourself
- 24:18 Blockage #7: We are scared of failure
- 25:48 Blockage #8: You hope someone will discover you
- 27:39 Blockage #9: You’re not measuring your own growth