Manage episode 301064336 series 2528526
Jessica Alba sits down with Jay Shetty to talk about her struggles in the film industry as a woman of color, how pushing people to develop their potential doesn’t isn’t always a positive deed, coming to terms with the truth when people are being honest, and using perfectionism as an excuse to not do anything.
Jessica is an American actress and entrepreneur, and is the Founder and Chief Creative Officer of The Honest Company. She’s a globally-recognized entrepreneur and advocate, and a New York Times bestselling author of The Honest Life, a practical guide for parents to create a safe and healthy life for their families. With The Honest Company's success, she has been named one of Fast Company’s 100 Most Creative People in Business, Fortune’s 10 Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs, and Vanity Fair’s Entrepreneur of the Year.
What We Discuss with Jessica:
- 00:00 Intro
- 05:04 Which role has had the most impact in your life?
- 08:20 When you’re a teenager with a child, what opportunities will you have?
- 11:40 Showing your children a balanced view of peace, anxiety, and pressure
- 15:19 Feeling like you don’t belong because of your skin color
- 21:41 When is it the most difficult to be honest to someone?
- 24:36 We always want honesty but when we’re presented with the truth, it’s difficult to accept
- 26:01 Accepting life coaches and outside help
- 28:30 When you put in the work, you will get those opportunities
- 31:44 Seeing people’s potential and learning to help them reach their full potential
- 35:52 People will see your life in their own lens
- 37:19 Perfectionism is used as an excuse to not do anything
- 39:47 If you’re putting in more positive energy, that’s what you're going to emit
- 43:11 Nudge people and ask questions and let them come to terms with their potential
- 47:52 Our children will always choose us
- 50:12 Jessica on Final Five
- Jessica Alba | Instagram
- Jessica Alba | Facebook
- Jessica Alba | Twitter
- The Honest Company
- The Honest Company | Instagram
- Honest Beauty | Instagram
- The Honest Company | Facebook
- The Honest Company | Pinterest
- The Honest Company | Twitter
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!