Manage episode 333400015 series 2528526
Do you want to meditate daily with me? Go to go.calm.com/onpurpose to get 40% off a Calm Premium Membership. Experience the Daily Jay. Only on Calm
Jay Shetty sits down with Water.Org co-founders Matt Damon and Gary White to talk about the water crisis around the world. We see stories of extreme poverty in places that are less developed and have little to no access to basic services such as electricity and water. These stories of struggles are out there but we don’t get to hear the rawness of the situation and reality many people live in. The water crisis is real and it’s one of the major hindrances for children to have proper education and a chance at a better future.
While everyone knows Matt Damon as an actor and producer and screenwriter, in 2006, he founded H20 Africa Foundation to raise awareness about water initiatives on the continent. Matt's active participation in the work of Water.Org and Walter Equity has positioned him as one of the world's experts on water and sanitation issues. Now in 1991, Gary White launched Water Partners, now the international NGO known as Water.Org. Today, he leads two organizations in creating and executing market-driven solutions to the global water crisis driving innovations in the way water and sanitation projects are delivered and financed.
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:14 The water crisis is a daily struggle
- 09:35 Taking the problem one step at a time and find a solution
- 16:49 How the lack of water impacts women and girls more
- 21:53 What else should a thirteen year old girl think about?
- 24:41 The impact of seeing places in extreme poverty
- 27:50 Tapping into existing microfinance institutions (MFIs) across the globe
- 35:10 Finding a partner in the water credit space
- 40:44 Spread awareness on these individual stories