Manage episode 301614736 series 2528526
Rachel Hollis sits down with Jay Shetty to talk about loving yourself and seeing failure as success. We all need to learn to see the positive aspects of every failure in our life, to take proper care of ourselves by taking good care of our health, to sit down and process pain and grief at our own pace, and to never lose ourselves just to keep a relationship.
Rachel is #1 New York Times Best-Selling and a motivational speaker. She authored three self-help books including Girl, Wash Your Face and Girl, Stop Apologizing. Aside from keeping herself busy with her podcast, The Rachel Hollis Podcast, she's also founded The Hollis Company, a media company that exists to arm people with the tools to make positive and lasting change.
What We Discuss with Rachel:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:06 Mental illness is not just about taking prescription medicine
- 06:00 Being intentional about trying to live in a healthy way
- 12:17 What the evolution of social media is doing to us
- 21:05 “My advance for my first book, which was Party Girl was $1,000.”
- 24:02 When something shakes the best life you think you have
- 38:24 Journaling every single morning to remember conscious moments
- 41:53 Pushing yourself to get over a difficult moment in your life
- 46:31 A different view of failure
- 54:48 You create something that you value and believe in and put it out there
- 59:10 There are many parts of us that can make a better version of ourselves
- 01:05:38 Feeding into your own narrative
- 01:09:24 “An apology without action or change is empty.”
- 01:12:27 Having support from people who cares without high expectations
- 01:17:14 How do you establish boundaries when you haven't done it before?
- 01:22:33 What’s your love language?
- 01:26:00 Don’t make other people’s process of pain about you
- 01:29:10 You’re trying to be the person who your partner thinks you are
- 01:37:19 We need to stop seeing the end of things as failure
- 01:40:40 Rachel on Final Five
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
Grab a copy of your own Think Like A Monk book. Get the audiobook here: https://amzn.to/2THCYUu