Manage episode 335115286 series 2850390
Do you want to meditate daily with me? Go to go.calm.com/onpurpose to get 40% off a Calm Premium Membership. Experience the Daily Jay. Only on Calm
When negative thoughts turn into action, that turns into habits, and then become an addiction that ruins our life, surrounding yourself with people that can talk you out of these negative thoughts will change your life. Having people around with positive influence on you is the best way to combat addiction.
In this episode of On Purpose, we get to listen again to Jay’s conversation with Russell Brand on Follow The Reader with Jay Shetty. They talk about why we become addicted to things and how to pivot from it.
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:48 We suffer from the notion that something’s missing in our life
- 05:08 We all function on a certain programming
- 07:16 When we live in a projected image of ourselves
- 09:21 Acknowledging that we all are flawed
- 11:41 Take a personal inventory of the unpleasant things in your life
- 14:54 Economic culture that’s based upon productivity
- 16:30 It’s important to have a counsel of people
- 18:58 Engaging your rational mind takes you out of your emotion
- 20:36 Here’s a postcard from the other side
- 21:42 Be careful not to judge your parents
- 23:00 Russell on Quick Fire questions
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!