Manage episode 339903989 series 2484441
Today, I’m sharing a deep and meaningful conversation with Mason Spector and Peiman Raf of the Madhappy Podcast - a show that aims to create more conversation around mental health by illuminating the full spectrum of mental health, the highs and the lows.
I get to share my journey as a monk, the valuable lessons on how to purify our ego, master our mind, manage our emotions, and live in service of others. We also talk about the difference between being alone and feeling lonely, and why it is important to always find time to be by yourself to reconnect with your thoughts. And finally, we dive into how our actions positively and negatively impacts the people around us and how we should deviate from external validation and instead focus on self validation to help tame our ego.
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:09 What are you proud of yourself for?
- 04:22 What was your childhood like?
- 09:55 Unlearning the values that you practice
- 12:43 When being good doesn’t get you anywhere
- 15:22 From taking an undergrad class to becoming a monk
- 21:29 Using your gift in service of others
- 28:23 Defining loneliness and solitude
- 37:39 Why did you leave monkhood?
- 41:43 Trying to get back into the world
- 43:52 Living a life that positively impacts others
- 49:13 Ego is fueled by validation
- 51:42 One advice you’d give your younger self
- 54:00 What makes you Mad Happy?
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
Do you want to meditate daily with me? Go to go.calm.com/onpurpose to get 40% off a Calm Premium Membership. Experience the Daily Jay. Only on Calm
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/