Manage episode 333099551 series 2484441
Do you want to meditate daily with me? Go to go.calm.com/onpurpose to get 40% off a Calm Premium Membership. Experience the Daily Jay. Only on Calm
How many times have you heard bad news first thing in the morning and then end up feeling bad for the rest of the day? Or how about reading a bad comment online and feeling restless about it? The news that we consume everyday can highly affect our mental health which can result in us feeling stressed and helpless.
In this episode of On Purpose, Jay Shetty shares facts of how to reduce the feeling of helplessness and how we can improve our relationship with the news.
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:28 The feeling of helplessness
- 02:17 The Seligman Experiment
- 07:24 Step #1: Choose when & where you consume news
- 10:28 Step #2: Expose yourself to good news
- 12:24 Focus on the things you’re doing well
- 16:53 Step #3: Find your role in the community
- 18:52 Step #4: Practice self-care
- 21:58 Step #5: Pray for courage
- even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!