Jay and His Wife Radhi ON: Knowing Your Strengths, Respecting Each Other’s Boundaries & Growing as a Couple
Manage episode 303211691 series 2484441
Radhi and Jay Shetty sit down to talk about a very special project they have been working on together for the past 18 months, their ‘quarantine baby’ - Sama Tea! In Sanskrit, Sama means to be fully balanced. It can also mean togetherness, equality, and oneness. Because, ultimately, a life in the present is a more balanced life, a more connected life, and a happier one too.
Together they share how Sama was conceptualized, the different teams that worked together to help create the brand, the potions and ingredients that went through several stages and taste-testing to find the best blends, and how Sama is made to help anyone live in the moment and in-tune with their surroundings.
Sama Tea is now available! Go to http://samatea.com/onpurpose to order a box of Sama now and get access to our free live monthly tea parties, be the first to try out new tea flavors and receive a free exclusive download that shows my personal routine and rituals.
What We Discuss In This Episode:
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:30 What is Sama tea?
- 05:15 What Sama means in different languages
- 08:06 Having tea together has that comforting feeling
- 13:17 What we learned about each other while working together
- 20:07 The people who helped make Sama happen
- 24:41 How the branding evolved before launch
- 29:42 Be okay with pivoting, it’s just part of the journey
- 32:25 Infusing adaptogens in Sama teas
- 41:28 Balance between sharing something from your heart and selling a product
- 44:52 Do three things: something you love, something you learn, something you’re launching
- 46:39 A tea off!
- 47:40 Radhi and Jay on Final Five
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!