Manage episode 303768165 series 2484441
Mel Robbins chats with Jay Shetty about the High 5 habit and how it can help you come to terms with your real self. How you start your day sets the tone for the rest of your day and immensely affects your confidence and productivity. And seeing that person looking at you in the mirror, your other self, helps you wipe away the dust that’s blocking you from loving your true self.
Mel began her career as a criminal defense attorney in NYC for Legal Aid in 1994, spent 5 years at CNN as a legal analyst, 5 number one audiobooks released on Audible, and 1 Gracie Award: America’s Outstanding News Talk Show Host. Her book, The High 5 Habit, explains the one proven habit that gives you the confidence to transform your life.
Go to http://samatea.com/onpurpose to get on the list for early access + receive a free 5-Minute Wellness Journal made to help guide you through your wellness journey and daily routine
What We Discuss with Mel:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:38 Think Like A Monk: Is it dust or is it me?
- 04:46 The High 5 Habit
- 08:38 How Covid brought many lives on a standstill
- 13:26 The excitement of seeing yourself for the first time
- 15:46 How to get into the High 5 habit
- 22:50 Gestures that are symbols of trust and partnership
- 26:49 Your mood in the morning impacts your confidence and productivity
- 29:31 The bouncer in your brain
- 34:00 How to be kind to yourself
- 40:43 The research on the snooze button
- 47:16 Outsourcing love and validation to outside things
- 53:28 It’s only when you love yourself that you can let others love you
- 57:14 It’s not your partner’s job to make you happy
- 01:00:34 Leave room for each other to grow
- 01:04:22 Jealousy is not hatred, it’s desire
- 01:09:56 Your brain is designed to protect you and change requires risks
- 01:13:40 Mel on Fast Five
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
Grab a copy of your own Think Like A Monk book. Get the audiobook here: https://amzn.to/2THCYUu
- Mel Robbins | Website
- Mel Robbins | Facebook
- Mel Robbins | Instagram
- Mel Robbins | LinkedIn
- Mel Robbins | YouTube
- Mel Robbins | Twitter
- Mel Robbins | TikTok