Manage episode 290523486 series 2888675
In the race for economic growth, who wins and who loses? In this episode, Bittu Sahgal, environmental activist and writer, and TV Narendran, CEO and Managing Director of Tata Steel, discuss the conflict between the economy, industry and environment.
- The need to move beyond GDP and economic growth to include environmental indicators when assessing a country’s performance.
- What has been and needs to be done to ensure that industry, government, and society engage in more conversations about sustainable long-term economic growth.
- How the needs of industry, government, and community can be better balanced when it comes to policy-making.
- How to persuade businesses and governments to think and act long-term when it comes to growth strategy as well as the environment.
- Sustainable Economic Development Assessment (SEDA)
- The Vision of a Well-Being Economy
- Ecology is Economy
- Economic growth vs climate security: We can have it all
- The need to invest in climate change education
- India ranks 168th on Environmental Protection Index
- India ranks 120th of 122 countries in a global water quality index
- CSR and sustainable development: Do Indian companies care about the environment?
- The environmental movement has made a few mistakes
- IDR Interviews | Dr. Vandana Shiva
- Climate finance for MSMEs
- Climate change cost India over 2000 lives and $37 billion in just a year
Production by Maed in India find out more at www.maedinindia.in.