Manage episode 342608422 series 1521165
The October issue of Parks & Recreation magazine is out now, and on today’s episode, I’m joined by two of my colleagues to discuss this month’s feature story, “NRPA’s Equity in Practice Initiative.”
We recently launched this program at the 2022 NRPA Annual Conference, and it is not your typical diversity training – NRPA’s Equity in Practice resources and tools are designed to help you take the next step in integrating equity into your park and recreation programs and respond to your community’s specific needs.
And who better to chat with about this program than the individuals who are bringing this program to life? I’m thrilled to welcome Autumn Saxton-Ross, NRPA Vice President of Education and Chief Equity Officer, and Philip Silva, NRPA Director of Learning, to the show today.
Tune in to our full conversation below to learn more about the Equity in Practice program, what led to the creation of this initiative, and how park and recreation professionals can benefit from each piece of the program. You’ll also learn:
- Why it was important to ensure diversity in the types of Equity in Practice offerings
- What differentiates Equity in Practice from traditional DEI training or learning opportunities
- What we mean by “in practice”
- Tips for digesting information and implementing the things you learn
- How NRPA members can begin participating in the various Equity in Practice programs, and much more!