Manage episode 341903448 series 2784864
Learn all the basics of geology in our new conversational textbook - campGEO!
Available here: geo.campcourses.com
Dr. Richard Alley is a renowned glaciologist and paleoclimate scientist. He is also widely regarded as one of the best professors at Penn State University. Below is a list of his impressive credentials:
- National Academy of Sciences
- Foreign Member of the Royal Society
- Evan Pugh University Professorship
- Penn State’s top teaching award
- Presidential Young Investigator Award
- Earth - the Operator’s Manual -
- Briefed senators, international legislators, and a sitting US Vice President
- Published an unbelievable >310 papers/books/etc
Join us as we discuss climate change, glaciers, and sea level. Much of his current research is on a Western Antarctic glacier called Thwaites Glacier. It's been dubbed the doomsday glacier because of its likely impact on sea level. Alley is a gifted speaker and uses incredible analogies to paint a vivid picture.
Another big part of the discussion is how Carbon is the thermostat control knob for our atmosphere. We hope you enjoy the discussion. We did!
Like, Subscribe, and leave us a Rating!
Support us: https://planetgeocast.com/support-us