Real Isle of Wight : Information & entertainment about the sunniest place in the UK. Including all the best things to do and events throughout the year.
A Focus on Newport : Episode 40
Manage episode 120303478 series 38750
This weeks' episode is a town focus and we are focusing on the County Town of the Isle of Wight, Newport.
Whether you live on the Isle of Wight or are visiting you will be surprised by what you can find and do in Newport.What we will tell you about in this episode
- How many people reside in Newport
- What Newport is all about
- Some surprising things about Newport
- Where to Walk around Newport
- Where to find independent shops
- All about the Mills in Newport
- Why you should visit Newport
- Famous and not so famous Newport residents past and present
This week in the news Tony is showing his inner grumpy old man with his response to the Sunday Headliner for the Isle of Wight Festival, Queen! Ali also tells you about a new accommodation, the Snooze Box, at the Festival, a bargain at £699 for two.
Tony is excited about the loo of the year awards.Food & Drink
In the food and drink segment we review the Bargeman's Rest in Newport, a cozy pub on the River.Links you may find helpful
Buy your tickets for the Isle of Wight Festival 2016 here - Tickets cost £200 with the booking fee
The Ultimate Guide to the Isle of Wight