Real Isle of Wight : Information & entertainment about the sunniest place in the UK. Including all the best things to do and events throughout the year.
An Interview with Dee Becker: Episode 58
Manage episode 125433663 series 38750
Reaching the age of 60 is a milestone and as Dee approaches her 60th Birthday she has decided to mark the occasion by walking a massive 65 miles round the Island in one go on the 30th April 2016.What we will tell you about in this episode:
- What the challenge is all about.
- Why Dee has decided to undertake the challenge.
- Dee's fundraising target of £6,000.
- The charities Dee is supporting.
- Dee's tips when out walking on the Island.
- Why you should enjoy the pace of life on the Island and take your time to enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
- Dee's top tip for visitors.
This week in the news Tony tells us about another returning festival in 2016, Riverfest on the 21st of May.
Ali has some more Bake Off News, hot on the heels of Mary Berry's visits to the Isle of Wight Great British Bake off winner Nadiya Hussain booked to attend this years Garlic Festival on the 20th August 2016.Upcoming Events
East Cowes Business Association Family Fun Day to celebrate St George's Day - 11am - 3:30pm. 12 Noon children's fancy dress parade and competition with great prizes, and at 1pm a shield decorating competition for the kids, as well as coconut shy, swing boats and other entertainment.Links you may find helpful