Real Isle of Wight : Information & entertainment about the sunniest place in the UK. Including all the best things to do and events throughout the year.
Christmas Shopping on the Isle of Wight: Episode 42
Manage episode 120645389 series 38750
In this weeks' episode it is all about shopping with a difference and supporting local independent traders. We bring you a guide to where to shop for those extra special unique Christmas gifts on the of Isle of Wight.
You will be surprised about the variety of places and types of gifts you can find when Christmas shopping on the Island.What we will tell you about in this episode
- Why we love shopping locally
- Where to shop on the Isle of Wight
- Gifts with a difference for your relatives on and off the Island
- Gift voucher ideas for those last minute gifts
- Why the Wight Choice card is the perfect gift for a friend or relative who loves the Island too
- Hurst - The Islands Independent Department Store with branches in Newport, Cowes, Freshwater, Ventnor and Shanklin!
- Oasis near Brading
- Busy Bees, Ryde
- The Garlic Farm, Newchurch for some foodie gifts
- The House of Chilli, Arreton for some HOT foodie gifts
- Rectory Mansion, Brading
- Made on the Isle of Wight, Ryde
- Shanklin Old Village
- Free Parking across long stay car parks on the Isle of Wight on Small Business Saturday - 5th December 2015 (check signs carefully!)
Ali's News is about a Christmas Event with a difference. Instead of meeting Father Christmas you can head along to Ventnor and meet the Grinch when Ventnor becomes 'Whoville' for the day. On Saturday 12th December 2015 you can head to Ventnor to meet the Grinch at St Francis School from 10am. There are various events throughout the town during the day.
Tony has three lots of news this week including how to get hold of a free 20ft Christmas Tree, a long queue for a new shop 'Pandora' in Newport, and the discovery and blowing up of a World War 2 bomb in the Solent.Food & Drink
In the food and drink segment we review the Hare and Hounds, near Arreton a chain pub providing consistently good food.Links you may find helpful
For the free Christmas Tree contact Gillian & Martin on 01983 862881
Busy Bees - for more on Busy Bees check out the Ultimate Guide Podcast
Buy your tickets for the Isle of Wight Festival 2016 here - Tickets cost £200 with the booking fee