Renegade Radio with Jay Ferruggia: Fitness | Nutrition | Lifestyle | Strength Training | Self Help | Motivation
#379: Protecting Your Health During Uncertain Times with Jonny Bowden
Manage episode 291960914 series 2394722
Known as “The Nutrition Myth Buster,” Jonny Bowden is one the world’s leading experts on nutrition. He’s also a personal trainer and, now in his mid-70’s, he’s in better shape than a lot of men half his age.
As Dean of the Equinox Fitness Training Institute he began questioning the conventional wisdom on low-fat diets. This led him to author the best-selling book, The Great Cholesterol Myth. He has also written several other incredible books such as The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth, Living Low Carb, Smart Fat and The Most Effective Ways on Earth to Boost Your Energy.
Back for his 3rd appearance on Renegade Radio, in this episode Jonny brings the fire like never before. We discuss why the virus barely affected him and learn his biggest issue with the health advice we were given by the government. We delve into the most effective ways you can become more resilient to the virus, the difference between healthy and unhealthy carbs and fats, tips for longevity and much more!
Listen as we discuss:
- How did the virus impact Jonny and what upset him most about the health advice we were given? [4:30]
- What you can do to improve your resiliency and stay healthy. [9:39]
- The PREVENTABLE underlying metabolic condition that is causing people to die of COVID-19. [12:08]
- Healthy vs unhealthy carbs and oils. [15:46]
- Do some people need to eat more carbs? [27:40]
- Is “seasonal” eating a beneficial strategy? [31:45]
- Thoughts on carb cycling. [32:58]
- His tips for health and longevity. [36:39]
- The biggest health revelation Jonny has had in the last 10 years (that isn’t related to diet or exercise). [36:39]
- What does his daily routine look like? [40:13]
- A “hack” to make fasting easier and possibly more effective. [41:22]
- Thoughts on an “adult” policy for the use of recreational drugs. [49:24]
- Is a slow metabolism and poor sleep unavoidable side effects of aging? [52:44]
- Foundational supplements Jonny takes and recommends to others. [57:07]
This episode is brought to you by Belcampo. Food quality matters, especially when it comes to the meat you eat! Belcampo’s farms produce only the highest quality grass-fed, grass-finished meat. Their beef, lamb, pork and poultry is certified organic and humanely raised on a climate positive farm.
Go to Belcampo.com/Jay and use the coupon JAY10 to save 10%.
This episode is also brought to you by biOptimizers. Magnesium Breakthrough is the most potent, complete, first full spectrum magnesium formula ever created. If you want to beat stress, get fit, sleep better and recover faster you need full spectrum magnesium to complete your healthy lifestyle.
As a special offer only for listeners of the Renegade Radio Podcast you can save 10% off your order today!
Go to www.MagBreakthrough.com/JAY and use the coupon code JAY10 to get yours while supplies last!