Manage episode 303491242 series 165679
Today’s show is about navigating long-haul COVID symptoms and life as a private practitioner. I wanted to have a non-academic conversation about this intriguing topic from a real-life perspective. Join us to learn more!
Our Featured Guest
Robert Cox, MA, LPC, NCC
Robert Cox is a private practitioner in Kentucky. He contracted COVID back in December. After a few weeks, he noticed that his symptoms improved a little but then continued. You’ll hear Robert’s story of his long-haul COVID symptoms and navigating through it as a private practitioner, especially regarding what to disclose to clients.
● What it means to have “long-haul COVID”
● How long-haul COVID symptoms can vary with dementia-like brain fog, heart problems, physical exhaustion, night sweats, etc.
● Robert’s story of contracting COVID last December from his daughter and facing moments of panic because of his asthma
● How Robert’s symptoms were complicated by the death of his son in February 2021
● How Robert learned to deal with long-haul COVID by taking more time off and learning to be more efficient, organized, and focused
● How Robert’s exhaustion and fatigue are impacting his daily life and activity level
● Why there is no standard treatment protocol for long-haul COVID
● How Robert is using meditation to cope with the daily challenges of life and work
● What Robert has learned about having limits and setting boundaries
● How Robert decided to share openly with his clients about his experience
● What Robert has learned about his resilience because of the support from his wife
● How Robert is functioning better because of the system changes he has put in place
● Why Robert’s #1 message to everyone is to get the COVID vaccine
RESOURCES TO GUIDE YOUR BUSINESS JOURNEY
Disclosures: Please note that all opinions are my own and based on my personal experience. Sponsors are acknowledged. Some links in the description are affiliate links where if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I use these funds to continue to create helpful content to serve our field. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
MY FREE ONLINE WORKSHOPS (These Can Be Watched At A Date/Time That Works For You):
MY FREE GUIDES:
🎧 The Healthcasters (A podcasting course + community for helpers/healers):
💻 Online Course School (A course to create, sell, and grow a successful online course): COMING IN 2022 (please feel free to download the online guide course above and I can keep you updated as I'm trying to build this with ample input and care including a chance to work 1 on 1 with me!):
MY FAVORITE SOFTWARE:
🧳 My Podcast Hosting Platform (Captivate-Includes 7 Day Free Trial):
🚀 My All In One Online Business Platform (Kartra-Includes 14 Day Free Trial):
🤖 What I Use For Evergreen Webinars (Easy Webinar)
🌐 My Website Host (SiteGround-Includes Discount)
🎨 My WebSite Theme (Divi)
MY FAVORITE GEAR:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE STC PODCAST:
Since 2015, I've hosted a weekly podcast where I interview successful therapists in private practice and other business owners to help us grow our impact + income in and beyond the therapy room.
The podcast has been downloaded over 1.2 million times and is heard in over 140 countries.
You can find also it by searching “Selling The Couch” on any podcast app (eg: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify etc) or simply saying "Alexa, listen to Selling The Couch" on your Amazon device. =
Or simply click below for ease =).
LET'S BE FRIENDS:
💌 Sign up to receive the free A To Z Online Course Guide + receive the weekly STC email newsletter (trusted by over 7k colleagues)
📸 Instagram (I mainly post "behind the scenes" stuff about my life and business)
WHO'S THIS GUY?
Hi. I'm Melvin. I'm a psychologist (PhD), entrepreneur, and online creator living in Philadelphia, PA.
In 2014, I began to think about how to use the therapy skills we learn in grad school, and in our clinical work into different realms (e.g., podcasting, consulting, online course creation, etc).
This allows us to serve others on larger scales while diversifying our income beyond 1 to 1 work.
I make podcasts and videos about business, tech, productivity, and lessons I'm learning from becoming the CEO of a lean, mean 5 person 100% remote team (we're not really mean..it just rhymed =P).