Manage episode 341583251 series 1851405
Designing new monsters for your RPG is a time honored tradition for most GMs. I got Greg Stolze and Caleb Stokes to talk about their approaches to creating new creatures for games. Is the monster a metaphor or just a weird new enemy to fight? Get some tips on becoming Dr. Frankenstein for your next game!
News: Caleb is running Delta Green on Twitch on September 28 at 6 pm CST. Follow the Delta Green Twitch channel to get notified when the game goes live. It should be fun!
Greg started a Patreon for his fiction. Sign up to get his latest works.
I’m starting a newsletter with original content, links, and updates for all my projects. Sign up below and get a free PDF of the Death Stratum, a new monster usable for any horror or fantasy RPG.
- Fashion Police Squad: a new FPS with cool game mechanics and fun to play
- Death’s End: the final novel in the Three Body Problem trilogy
- Abby Howard: a cartoonist behind The Last Halloween and Crossroads at Midnight
- Cult of the Lamb: A hybrid base building/rogue-like dungeon crawling game
- Ravenous Dusk: Sequel to Radiant Dawn, a very Delta Green horror novel with lots of body horror.
- Visual Signals issue 7: I wrote an article for this vaporwave zine. Check it out.