Manage episode 334275115 series 2135834
Why we feel recent attacks by the Software Freedom Conservancy against Microsoft are costing the SFC serious credibility.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Coder 474 - Double Batch Video Stream - JupiterTube — Catch the live stream playback of this week's recording.
- Elon Musk notifies Twitter he is terminating deal — Billionaire Elon Musk wants to end his $44 billion deal to buy Twitter.
- Peter Zeihan Video Linked via Email
- VSCodium — This is the The Telemetry less version of Visual Studio Code, packaged into a Flatpak. This repackaging is not supported by Microsoft.
- West Coast Crew Matrix Room — Join our West Coast Crew Matrix chat room and join our community putting together our west coast road trip in September.
- Microsoft To Ban Commercial Open Source from App Store — Microsoft apparently does not want any FOSS developers to be able to write open source in a sustainable way.
- Microsoft responds to controversial store policy change — Microsoft has clarified its stance about legitimate open-source and generally free apps on the Microsoft Store.
- Systemd Creator Lands At Microsoft — The prominent open-source developer responsible for several prominent projects joined Microsoft and continuing his focus on systemd development.
- This ad company subsidiary is teaming up with US carriers to take over your lock screen — The lock screen platform is part of the pre-installed software on many, if not most, Android phones sold in India and other Asian markets. Glance says that since it was launched in 2019, it has become part of over 400 million sold smartphones.
- Chris' Fountain.fm Link — Try out Fountain.FM and earn sats by listening to the show, and send in a boost!
- Grab a New Podcast App — Grab a Podcasting 2.0 compatible app.