Manage episode 332281047 series 2135834
Mike's hitting the road to solve his old man's PC woes; Chris channels his early inner 80s and some Google AI conspiracy bacon.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- Picture of Mike's Birthday Podcasting Setup 🐧
- Nonsense on Stilts — No, LaMDA is not sentient. Not even slightly.
- OK if not Access, then what? — As a regular listener - at least in the last almost year now - I've heard fun comments around MS Access...but more seriously, what would be today's (ideally open source, or at least better) equivalent?
- Managed PostgreSQL and MongoDB are Here — With the addition of PostgreSQL and MongoDB, we now offer SQL and NoSQL database options to scale based on your architecture design.
- Inflation Chart — Since the COVID19 pandemic started, the printing has gone to a whole different level though. The M1 money supply has almost doubled since. What that means for inflation is heavily argued about by different sides.
- Truflation Dashboard
- Tesla's Musk feels 'super bad' about economy — Tesla CEO Elon Musk has a "super bad feeling" about the economy and needs to cut about 10% of salaried staff at the electric carmaker, he said in emails seen by Reuters.
- Digital Mortgage Startup Tomo Lays Off One-Third of Staff — A total of 44 employees were let go, Insider reported Tuesday.
- Revoking job offers is an increasingly common cost-cutting strategy — HR leaders are now looking at this as a cost-cutting strategy, she says. "A lot of people who never thought this was an option, it has now become an option."
- There’s a major recession signal everybody is missing: small businesses cutting spending as they prepare for the worst — “Small businesses are able to meet local demands and local idiosyncrasies in the markets that the larger companies just can’t meet,” Audretsch says.
Despite their more limited resources, he adds, small businesses can be more flexible and responsive to shifts in markets and in demand than their larger counterparts.
- Milton Friedman - Understanding Inflation - YouTube — The professor provides an explanation of the origins of money as well as the cause and cure for inflation
- Boost with a New Podcast App — Grab Podcasting 2.0 compatible app to send the show a boost.