Manage episode 301155817 series 2812961
Fletcher Wheaton had been investing in real estate in the New Orleans area since 2008 until one weekend trip pushed him to change course and jump cross-country. Now, he’s investing in the Baja Peninsula in Mexico, specializing in pre-construction, vacation homes, and investment rental properties. He stopped by in our podcast to share his journey from the United States to Mexico, his jump from oil and gas to real estate, and the strategies that helped him succeed in this industry.
Listen to Fletcher and learn ways to invest outside the United States!
[00:01 – 04:45] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Fletcher Wheaton
- He talks about this life-changing weekend getaway
[04:46 – 15:05] The Truth About Investing in Real Estate
- Why he jumped from the oil & gas industry to real estate
- What real estate investors should know about risk levels
- Are you looking for a property in Mexico?
- Listen to Fletcher’s insights
[15:06 – 25:03] The Reality of Investing Outside the United States
- How old are the properties that Fletcher is talking about?
- Here’s another reason to fall in love with Los Cabos
- Fletcher talks about the first step in investing outside the United States
[25:04 – 30:50] Boosting Your Online Presence With Videos
- Fletcher shares his experience shooting drone videos of his properties
- He talks about the power of video in boosting your online presence
- The challenges of outsourcing video production
[30:51 – 37:43] The Contrarian 3-Pack
- What would you say is the most contrarian investment you've made?
- Drifter hotel in New Orleans
- What's your favorite activity to do with your friends and family outside of work?
- Outdoor activities
- What offers you the most fulfillment in life?
- Providing for his family through something he enjoys the most
- Connect with Fletcher. Links available below.
“As long as you’re staying consistent and you have processes...I think that’s a good thing." – Fletcher Wheaton
“Being able to provide for my family by doing something that I really enjoy...that means a lot to me." – Fletcher Wheaton
LEAVE A REVIEW + help the podcast grow by sharing it with your friends, family, or someone in need.
Think Different. Earn Different. Live Fulfilled.