Manage episode 280068755 series 2819202
Meet Victoria “Tori” Bell. She manages Internal Community building efforts at Facebook and lives in Brooklyn, NY.
Tori is most proud of founding and leading the employee resource group "Black Women at Facebook" in 2017. Black Women at Facebook aims to support the development of those who identify as Black Women at the company. To-date they have chapters across the globe and serve as the industry leader in the intersectional employee resource group space.
Prior to Facebook, Tori was an early employee at Jopwell, a Diversity and Inclusion technology platform where she had the opportunity to participate in the Y-Combinator incubator program. During her time at Jopwell, Tori helped to build and scale the campus ambassador and undergraduate hiring programs.
A graduate of Agnes Scott College and a native of Wichita, Kansas, Tori is passionate about fostering community and creating spaces for women and people of color to thrive.
On this episode we discuss:
- Growing up in Kansas and passion for racial justice
- A shared love for Traceee Ellis Ross
- The conception of Black Women @ Facebook
- Building a relationship with Sophia Amuruso and creating a Diversity Equity and Inclusion course for Business Class
- Common misconceptions on diversity, equity and inclusion
- Active allyship
You’ll want to listen through the episode for some great music, show, and business recommendations. This is Tori Bell on Creating Community and Building Intersectional Spaces.