Ep. 29 Get the Real Scoop on How Nonprofits & Donors Should Communicate for the Best Results with Patton McDowell
Manage episode 294956748 series 2889238
As donors, it is our responsibility to make sure the nonprofits we support succeed. To do that, we need to learn how to effectively communicate with nonprofits to bring out the best results possible.
In this episode, I’m joined by Patton McDowell, an expert in working with nonprofits and someone who knows what nonprofits really want!
Patton is the founder of PMA Consulting and the host of the weekly podcast, Your Path To Nonprofit Leadership. He has spent his entire 30-year career helping talented individuals raise more funds and effectively lead their nonprofit organizations.
Listen in as Patton gives us the real scoop on how nonprofits and donors should communicate to get the best outcome!
- What inspired Patton to help nonprofits
- How to help nonprofit and prospective leaders do their work even better
- How Patton helps the board navigate tough questions
- Patton’s recommendation on how people should approach donors from the nonprofit side
Patton McDowell, PMA Consulting
Links referenced in this Podcast:
- How To Engage The 3 Distinct Types of Funders (Sybil Ackerman-Munson)
- Guest Feature: How To Engage The 3 Distinct Types of Funders (Sybil Ackerman-Munson)
- PMA Consulting, LLC
- Your Path to Nonprofit Leadership podcast
- PMA’s Nonprofit Leader Mastermind Program (and here’s a peek at the current cohort)
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these episodes as well
- #28 Part 2 Power Up Your Giving With Real Power To Community With Anthony Diaz, Jasmine Banks, and Dany Sigwalt
- #27 Part 1 Power Up Your Giving With Real Power To Community With Anthony Diaz, Jasmine Banks, and Dany Sigwalt
- #26 Learn to Support and Fund Indigenous Communities with Deep Respect And Grace With Jim Enote
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed short 5-10 minute engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
I am limiting the overall size of this course to no more than 30 so that you can have a personal and interactive experience learning from me - space is limited sign up soon for the early bird discount!
Cart opens on June 7 and closes on June 13. Don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity to be an effective funder while creating a long-lasting positive impact! You can sign up and read more about the course here!
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?