Manage episode 314777129 series 3002831
In this episode of YOUR FERTILITY STORY, Maria focuses on your clinic selection. Her guest on this episode is Eva Schenkman, an embryologist of nearly 30 years. She completed her undergraduate at Cornell University and went on to complete her master’s degree and Ph.D. at Eastern Virginia Medical School. In recent years, she’s become a consultant and runs the New York Metropolitan Embryology Society. She is also a clinical instructor at the EVMS Master’s Program in Embryology and sits on several committees for the Society of Reproductive Biologists and Technologists as well as the College of Reproductive Biology.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Eva Schenkman’s tips for researching fertility clinics for your particular needs and what you should look for.
- Why a clinic might not have its own embryologists on staff and may outsource for that service.
- The categories and data you should be evaluating as you review your clinical options.
- What you need to look out for if you’re considering a clinic with a narrow specialization or innovative treatments.
- Her advice for selecting the right clinic for you and what you should look for in the clinic’s communication with you.
Connect with Maria Feekes here:
Connect with Eva Schenkman here: