Layne Norton & Simon Hill #2 (Part 2 of 2) On Exercise, Gut Health, Insulin & Science Based Tips To Live Longer
Manage episode 341885933 series 2868742
Today's guests are Layne Norton and Simon Hill. Simon and Layne were on the show earlier this year and it has been one of the most popular episodes. So I thought I would get them back on to keep the discussion going. I will link our first episode in the notes below and I highly encourage y'all to give it a listen. Layne Norton (aka Biolayne) is an entrepreneur, physique coach, bodybuilder, and powerlifter. Alongside his success as a competitor, Layne has his Ph.D. in nutrition science and is one of the most respected voices in the health and nutrition space. Simon Hill is a nutritionist and physiotherapist with a bachelor's degree in science and a master's degree in nutrition science on a mission to help people make informed lifestyle choices. His podcast, The Proof with Simon Hill, extends beyond nutrition to other crucial lifestyle factors that impact our well-being.
As promised this is the second part of our most recent convo and today we discuss insulin, insulin resistance, exercise, longevity, and gut health and more!
Thanks to this episode's sponsor:
Masszymes: Masszymes can help ensure that all the protein that you consume breaks down into absorbable amino acids. Go to masszymes.com/DOUGFREE and you will automatically get access to your unique coupon code to claim your free bottle.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:58 Does INSULIN & really matter & what’s best way to combat insulin resistance?
- 16:59 Is it healthy for your blood sugar to spike? (or should it be flat)
- 25:43 Why exercise is so important for longevity
- 27:53 Science based tool tips to increase your lifespan
- 33:22 Does walking help?
- 37:54 Biggest thing you can do to improve your bone mineral density (& why it can help you live longer)
- 44:59 Are there ways to improve your gut health & is gut health worth the “hype?”
- Simon Hill | Instagram, Twitter, Website The Proof Podcast
- Layne Norton | Website, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook
Previous convos with Simon & Layne:
Follow me on Social Media: