Manage episode 339716670 series 2868742
Todays guest is Liz Plosser. Liz is the Editor-in-Chief of Women’s Health, where she oversees the brand across its print and digital platforms and various brand extensions, reaching an audience of 47+ million women monthly.
Liz has been in the wellness industry for more than 18 years, previously overseeing digital strategy as SVP of Content at Well+Good, and prior to that, serving as the Senior Director of Content & Communications at SoulCycle. She is the former Deputy Editor of SELF, and before that she helped earn Cosmopolitan its first-ever national magazine award at the helm of the global brand’s health coverage. Liz was also the Editorial Director of CosmoBody, an on-demand subscription fitness channel.
Her first book, Own Your Morning, was released by Hearst Home in September 2021 was released in paperback a few weeks ago.
We discuss the current diet culture that exists as well as the current media landscape regarding it and how we can do better to improve both. Liz shares how she manages to keep readers engaged while staying to true to the integrity of the Womens Health brand and what specific type of stories really inspire her. She gives some solid advice for readers consuming content and also shares the secret to a great morning routine, how to get back on track after falling off and more!
Thanks to this episode's sponsor:
Organifi: Try the new Green Juice Crisp Apple to hydrate, energize, and support cortisol balance. Visit ORGANIFI.COM/DOUG and use code DOUG for 20% off any item..
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:55 Liz’s opinion of the current “women’s health” media landscape
- 05:49 Headlines vs. integrity
- 10:51 Liz’s advice for those reading health publications
- 19:44 How can we improve diet culture and messaging?
- 29:43 What types of stories inspire Liz?
- 33:25 Does Liz plan to cover more topics on mental health/addiction?
- 36:07 Dealing with comparison
- 38:49 Liz’s morning routine
- 42:51 Getting back into a routine after falling off track
Connect with Liz:
Connect with Women’s Health:
Follow me on Social Media: