Manage episode 302235766 series 2609648
As we brace ourselves for “permanent” shop shortages and price hikes, we hear from lorry driver and transport expert Tom Reddy and Food and Drink Scotland’s James Withers on what’s behind the HGV driver shortages. Plus: how did hapless Education Secretary Gavin Williamson get to where he is today, and what does it take to make a sporting hero? And from the States, Joanna Walters unpacks Texas’ constitutional battle over abortion.
- "The margins in hauling are next to nothing." - Tom Reddy
- "I'm only 36, and I'm already tired of lorry driving. Nothing is changing in the conditions of the job." - Tom Reddy
- "Eastern European lorry drivers work a lot harder than we do." – Tom Reddy
- "It suits Boris Johnson to have an Education Secretary like Gavin Williamson - someone who won't slag him off, or make him look incompetent." - Ayesha Hazarika
- "We always think of Texas as being solidly Republican. But the game is still in play." - Justin Quirk
- "I still think Gareth Southgate should be Prime Minister." - Ayesha Hazarika
- "Women's sports is only now coming anywhere near gender parity." - Ayesha Hazarika
Presented by Ros Taylor with Justin Quirk and Ayesha Hazarika. Produced by Andrew Harrison. Assistant producers: Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic . Music by Kenny Dickinson. Audio production by Alex Rees. The Bunker is a Podmasters Production
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.