The Full Ratchet: VC | Venture Capital | Angel Investors | Startup Investing | Fundraising | Crowdfunding | Pitch | Private Equity | Business Loans
259. Developer Tools, The Surge of European Tech, and Why Founder Needs Differ Across Regions (Reid Christian)
Manage episode 278887137 series 1547256
Reid Christian of CRV joins Nick to discuss Developer Tools, The Surge of European Tech, and Why Founder Needs Differ Across Regions. In this episode, we cover:
- Walk us through your background and path to VC
- What’s the thesis at CRV?
- $600M closed in July... any change to approach or thesis?
- What are some of the focus areas that you're leaning into amidst the circumstances?
- How do you evaluate teams?
- What type of founders excites you to invest?
- Centralization — the shift from consumers to creators
- Why is your focus on SAAS/CLOUD/ENTERPRISE IT/BIG DATA?
- What does the future look like for Enterprise SaaS companies?
- How has your sourcing of startups changed?
- In another lifetime, would you like to be a professional basketball player or a venture capitalist?
- Three data points question