The Full Ratchet: VC | Venture Capital | Angel Investors | Startup Investing | Fundraising | Crowdfunding | Pitch | Private Equity | Business Loans
265. Maintaining a Disciplined Fund Size and Strategy, The Rise of NYC Tech, and Changes in the Exit Environment (Brian Hirsch)
Manage episode 282572536 series 1547256
Brian Hirsch of Tribeca Venture Partners joins Nick to discuss Maintaining a Disciplined Fund Size and Strategy, The Rise of NYC Tech, and Changes in the Exit Environment. In this episode, we cover:
- Walk us through your background and path to VC
- What’s the thesis at Tribeca Venture Partners (TVP)?
- We've seen notable firms in the valley launch platform and service offerings to founders... have you considered this at Tribeca - why or why not?
- Biggest differences between NYC tech vs Bay Area Tech
- COVID is causing many people to move away from the city. Any concerns about losing tech talent?
- How much does the exit environment for tech companies effects what you invest in?
- what's most undervalued in the public market or exit market at large that will be more appropriately valued in 3-5 years from now
- What's your take SPACs?
- 10/9 Brain's Tweet: "New 🦄 every 3 days this year vs. how many SPACs? Unicorns and SPACs are like pizza. If the ratio of cheese to sauce is off the 🍕 tastes bad and goes down poorly."
- What's your take on rolling funds?