The Full Ratchet: VC | Venture Capital | Angel Investors | Startup Investing | Fundraising | Crowdfunding | Pitch | Private Equity | Business Loans
268. Breaking the Founder Stereotype, Mastering Conviction Over Zoom, & the Contrast between European and American Entrepreneurs (Maren Bannon)
Manage episode 284444331 series 1547256
Maren Bannon of January Ventures joins Nick to discuss Breaking the Founder Stereotype, Mastering Conviction Over Zoom, & the Contrast between European and American Entrepreneurs. In this episode, we cover:
- Walk us through your background and path to VC
- What’s the thesis at January Ventures?
- How are you and your team at January Ventures making tech more of an equal opportunity?
- What is your approach to portfolio construction in this fund and how will that evolve in the future?
- What's one thing you know now that you wish you knew prior to raising the fund?
- You take meetings with founders VERY early — no warm intro, no pitch deck, or no revenue required to pitch to January Ventures. How do you evaluate the potential this early?
- How do you filter all of the opportunities -- what is your pre-filter process?
- How have you changed your work/process at January post COVID?
- What is your experience like moving from SF to Europe and what is your view of the European tech ecosystem?