The Full Ratchet: VC | Venture Capital | Angel Investors | Startup Investing | Fundraising | Crowdfunding | Pitch | Private Equity | Business Loans
270. Retail Apocalypse or Renaissance, the Commerce Evolution, and Fundraising from Corporates (Vincent Diallo)
Manage episode 285589668 series 1547256
Vincent Diallo of Interlace Ventures joins Nick to discuss Retail Apocalypse or Renaissance, the Commerce Evolution, and Fundraising from Corporates. In this episode, we cover:
Article Mentioned in Episode: http://bit.ly/TFR-Vincent
- Walk us through your background and path to VC
- What’s the thesis at Interlace?
- COVID has affected commerce severely -- for better and for worse. Has this changed your investment approach?
- Many investors are avoiding all physical retail as COVID has created a “retail apocalypse”, but you've stated that you see it more as a retail renaissance. Why?
- What are some trends from COVID that you think investors are overreacting to that you expect will return to pre-pandemic levels?
- What new consumer experiences or behaviors are emerging that you are excited about?
- You mentioned supply chain as another area of interest, where are the biggest opportunities in the supply chain?
- Biggest mistake fundraising? Biggest win fundraising?
- Oper8tor program?
- Is now a good time or a difficult time to be a diverse fund manager?