The Full Ratchet: VC | Venture Capital | Angel Investors | Startup Investing | Fundraising | Crowdfunding | Pitch | Private Equity | Business Loans
277. Raising a Fund via General Solicitation & Twitter, The Challenges (and benefits) of Rolling Funds, and Facing the Reality of Diversity in VC (McKeever "Mac" Conwell II)
Manage episode 289768473 series 1547256
McKeever "Mac" Conwell II of RareBreed Ventures joins Nick to discuss Raising a Fund via General Solicitation & Twitter, How Rolling Funds Can Disadvantage LPs, and Facing the Reality of Diversity in VC. In this episode, we cover:
- Walk us through your background and path to VC
- What’s the thesis at RareBreed Ventures?
- Why did you start RareBreed Ventures?
- Tell me about the fundraise... when did you first kickoff and then start getting momentum?
- Have you gotten better at raising over time? What have you improved most?
- What resonates w/ LPs, what do you get pushback on?
- What's been the biggest surprise in the process so far?
- Optimistic, pessimistic or neutral on diversity in VC over the next decade?
- Twitter -- blowing up, what's working so well?
- Rolling fund vs. not... why?
- Thoughts on thesis and portfolio construction...
- What's the ideal fund size for your stage and strategy?
- Founders... biggest mistake you see early stage founders make
- Gives us a snapshot of Rarebreed in 3 years... how about 7 years?