The Full Ratchet: VC | Venture Capital | Angel Investors | Startup Investing | Fundraising | Crowdfunding | Pitch | Private Equity | Business Loans
280. The Deep Tech Revolution, Predictions for the Job Market, Crypto, and NFTs, and The Inevitabilities of the Next Decade (Guy Perelmuter)
Manage episode 291403500 series 1547256
Guy Perelmuter of GRIDS Capital joins Nick to discuss The Deep Tech Revolution, Predictions for the Job Market, Crypto, and NFTs, and The Inevitabilities of the Next Decade. In this episode, we cover:
- Walk us through your background and path to VC.
- What's the thesis at GRIDS Capital?
- A common critique of deep tech — it takes longer, it's more unpredictable, timing is of greater risk, and it's more capital intensive — why commit your firm to exclusively targeting a segment that most venture investors refuse to consider?
- Present Future: Business, Science, and the Deep Tech Revolution —Why did you decide to write a book about the deep tech revolution?
- Protocols of standardization
- What factors lead to standardization and choosing of a protocol?
- What are the "inevitabilities" of the next decade?
- What does the job market of the future look like?
- Do crypto coins become a primary Treasury Reserve asset or a major currency in the next three to five years?
- A quick take on NFTs?
- What does the future for Brazil and South America look like?
- You're a previous risk manager, and you've claimed before that being risk-averse is a strength in VC. Why is that?