The Full Ratchet: VC | Venture Capital | Angel Investors | Startup Investing | Fundraising | Crowdfunding | Pitch | Private Equity | Business Loans
281. Overlooked Opportunity in EdTech, Letting the Entrepreneur Be the Guide, and Defy’s Sage Program (Neil Sequeira)
Manage episode 292109031 series 1547256
Neil Sequeira of Defy joins Nick to discuss Overlooked Opportunity in EdTech, Letting the Entrepreneur Be the Guide, and Defy’s Sage Program. In this episode, we cover:
- Walk us through your background and path to VC.
- Remind us of the thesis at Defy.
- Tell us a little about your team at Defy. How it has grown and evolved and all of the things each person brings to the table which makes the firm stronger?
- What do you think is one of the most underappreciated skills of the great venture investor?
- How do you think founders have changed since you first started investing, if at all?
- Why is leading a round of financing and ownership important to venture capital firms?
- At the later stages and growth stages, what's the biggest risk or mistake you've seen founders make when bringing on investors, and/or what's the biggest issue that investors may impose that causes issues?
- What resources would you recommend to the listeners that you found valuable on founding startups or being a long-term sustaining venture investor?
- What do you need to get better at?
- What is the best way for listeners to connect with you?